Thursday, January 24, 2013

Gluten Free Beer Batter Bread

For more recipes and tidbits please join me on my
Facebook Gluten Free Page:
https://www.facebook.com/SharingGlutenFreeRecipes



Every time my Hubby smokes Ribs or does Chicken Wings on the grill,, I always make Beer Batter Bread. I have missed having this bread since going on a Gluten Free Diet. I spent a lot of time this week reading about the different Gluten Free Flours and came up with my own recipe that I am very happy to say came out excellent. I believe by adding Coconut Flour really help to keep the bread moist. I hope you enjoy it.

If you are not Gluten Free here is my original video on how to make this with regular All Purpose Flour:
http://youtu.be/NnamCQHSZvI


Gluten Free Beer Batter Bread

(Recipe Revised 3/26/15)

In a large bowl use a wire whisk to blend the dry ingredients:

1 cup Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Sorghum Flour
1 cup Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Brown Rice Flour
½ cup Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Coconut Flour
½ cup Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Tapioca Flour  AKA: Tapioca Starch
1 ½ Tbl Baking Powder
½ TBL. Salt
¼ cup plus 1 TBL Sugar
2 tsp. Xanthan Gum

Melt 1 stick of butter in the microwave

Add the follow to the dry ingredients:
¾ of the melted butter (Save the rest for later)

3 Eggs
1 - 12 oz. Bottle of Gluten Free Beer Room Temperature - I used Bard's Beer

Mix until all the flour has been mixed in but do not over mix.

Spray a 9X5 pan with Cooking Spray

Pour batter into the pan and spread out with a spatula

Bake in a pre-heated 350* Oven for 40 Minutes

Take out of the oven and pour on the remaining ¼ of melted butter.
Place back in the oven and bake 10-15 minutes longer.
It should be golden brown.
Use a toothpick to check the center and make sure it comes out clean.

Or use a Digital Thermometer and bake until the internal temperature reaches 205*

Remove from the pan and cool on a wire rack.

Let cool before slicing.

We like to spread the slices with softened butter.

This bread does freeze well. I wrap the pieces individually in Plastic Wrap then place in a Ziplock bag.

ENJOY!!

I used a digital thermometer to check the bread for when its done. Bake until 205* in the center of the bread.
Its also great to check the temperature of the milk and water before adding yeast. Its a helpful gadget. My Digital Thermometer is by Acu Rite.


http://www.bardsbeer.com/


http://www.bobsredmill.com/



Camera:
Canon PowerShot SX230 HS

Editor:
Corel ~ Videostudio ProX4 Professional Video Editing Software
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment