Saturday, March 9, 2013

Gluten Free Garbanzo and Fava Flatbread Recipe



For more recipes and tidbits please join me on my
Facebook Gluten Free Page:
https://www.facebook.com/SharingGlutenFreeRecipes


Garbanzo and Fava Flatbread Recipe
1 3/4 cups Garbanzo and Fava Bean Flour - I used Bob's Red Mill Garbanzo and Fava Gluten Free Flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp Xantham Gum
1/2 tsp. Salt
1/2 Cup Water
1/3 Cup Olive Oil

3/4 Cup shredded Asiago cheese (I used Parmesan Cheese) (***SEE FOOTNOTE***)

1 Tbsp fresh thyme, finely chopped (I used Garlic Powder) (***SEE FOOTNOTE***)

Approx 1 Tbsp Coarse sea salt (***SEE FOOTNOTE***)


Directions:

Preheat oven with pizza stone to 450* for 30 minutes
Pour the garbanzo and fava flour into a medium-sized bowl and mix with the baking powder and salt.
Make a well in the center and pour in the olive oil and water.
Mix with a wooden spoon until it is well mixed and then knead onto a clean work surface 4 or 5 times. The dough should feel oily, but to keep it from sticking to the work surface, sprinkle extra garbanzo flour or a Starch on the rolling pin, dough and work surface.
Divide the dough into four pieces.
Roll the dough out into long, irregular shapes onto parchment paper. There's no need to be precise here just flatten out the dough to about 1/8″ thick.
Brush with extra olive oil and gently press the thyme (or Garlic) into the dough so it sticks into it. Stab several times with a fork and sprinkle lightly with sea salt and Asiago (or Parmesan) cheese. I baked mine on the Pizza Stone with the parchment paper. Bake for 5 minutes or until it's golden brown.
Cool on a wire rack.
I served them with Garlic Hummus. I have read some people like to drizzle Honey on it.

(***FOOTNOTE***)
I have made this flat bread a dozen of times! I made a few adjustments:
I now use both Asiago and Parmesan Cheese..
After the first time I skipped adding the Sea Salt,,, I found it was to salty.
You can also play with the Seasoning! I like adding both the Thyme and Garlic. I have also added different seasonings. I like Tuscan Garlic Spice Mix.

Original recipe calls for: Drizzle lightly with honey and cut into pieces.
We prefer our Fava Flat Bread with a Garlic Hummus.

Cool completely before storing in a Ziplock Bag.


ENJOY!!!


http://www.bobsredmill.com/


Camera:
Canon PowerShot SX230 HS

Editor:
Corel ~ Videostudio ProX4 Professional Video Editing Software


Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment