Thursday, January 2, 2014

Homemade Turkey Vegetable Stock and Soup ~ Grain Free ~ Gluten Free ~ Paleo ~ Low Carb:




 
Homemade Turkey Vegetable Stock and Soup ~ Grain Free ~ Gluten Free ~ Paleo ~ Low Carb:


For more recipes and tidbits please join me on my
Facebook Gluten Free Page:
https://www.facebook.com/SharingGlutenFreeRecipes


Homemade Turkey Vegetable Stock and Soup ~ Grain Free ~ Gluten Free ~ Paleo ~ Low Carb:

I save the Carcass, Bones and Meat left over from Thanksgiving or anytime I roast a Turkey. I Freeze them and about a month later I make Turkey Stock and Soup. You can also substitute Chicken.

I do not measure the ingredients,, depending on how many bones will help me determine how many vegetables to add. Add Vegetables to your choice.
On the First Day I make the Stock:
In a very Large Stock Pot put the amount of your choice:
Celery
Carrots
Onions
Peppercorns (Optional.. my Husband likes peppercorns.. later on in the recipe I will be seasoning the Soup with Salt and Pepper)
Turkey Bones
Fill pan with water. You do not have to completely cover the bones. Bring to a boil, then turn down to a simmer, keep covered with the lid slightly open for 2 Hours. The Stock will have a nice golden color.  If you are using Raw Turkey you will have to cook the stock longer.

Place a large Colander in the Sink.. using a large slotted Spoon remove everything from the Stock Pot to the Colander. Let it cool for a while as it is very hot.
Discard all the Vegetables. Remove the Meat from the Bones and place in a Ziplock bag and place in the Refrigerator. I place the Stock in the Refrigerator over night. This helps to separate the Fat.

On the Second Day I make the Soup:
I skim off all the fat with a slotted spoon. The Stock will be a gelatin consistency. Warm it up slightly to liquify it.

Use any vegetables of your choice. I used:
Sliced Mushrooms
Baby Carrots
Chopped Celery
Chopped Onion
Diced  Plum Tomatoes, I removed the seed.. personal preference
Add the Vegetables to the Stock and simmer for about 1 hour. This is when I test to see if I need to add Salt and Pepper along with some Parsley Flakes.

Add 1 Small sliced Green Cabbage. If you do not like Cabbage add any other Green vegetable of your choice.

When the Vegetables are done add the meat. I wait until the end to add the meat because Turkey can dry out very easily.

I do not add Pasta or Rice to my Soup. I use Cabbage instead. If you prefer to add Pasta or Rice,, I would cook them separately. Making sure to not over cook the Pasta.  I would add the Rice or Pasta along with the Turkey. We like a hearty Soup,,, if you want extra Broth,,, add it to your liking.

I like my Soup sprinkled with Pecorino Romano and Parmesan Cheese.


Enjoy!



Camera:
Canon PowerShot SX230 HS

Editor:
Corel ~ Videostudio ProX4 Professional Video Editing Software
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment