Friday, September 20, 2013

Gluten Free Chicken with Vegetables and Broth





Gluten Free Chicken with Vegetables and Broth:

Use as much Chicken to feed your Family.

I used 5 Bone in and Skin on Chicken Breast

In a Baggie combine enough to coat the chicken and to your taste:
Gluten Free Rice Flour (Use All Purpose Flour if your not Gluten Free)
Salt and Pepper
Garlic Powder
Onion Powder
Paprika
Shake the Chicken in the flour mixture coating all sides.

In a large Dutch Oven Style Pan,  Heat up Vegetable Oil to medium high
Add the chicken Skin side down,, do not over crowd  pan. I did my Chicken in 2 batches.
Brown the Chicken on all sides until its golden brown then remove from the pan.

In the same pan that I cooked the Chicken in, leaving the oil and drippings (This add flavor) I added: Red Onion that I chopped up. Cook the onion until almost done.
Add fresh chopped Garlic to taste and cook for 1 minute. (You don't want to over cook the garlic it will get bitter)

Deglaze the Pan with:
1 Cup White Wine.. I used Chardonnay
Cook off the Wine: this will take a few minutes

Use as many vegetables as you will need to serve your family.
I used:
1 bag baby Carrots
6 Medium Red Potatoes Cut up.
Add the Vegetables to the Pot and stir, coating them with the Onion and Garlic Mixture.
Cook for 5 Minutes turning them a few times.

Add:
3 Cups Gluten Free Chicken Broth (Or more if needed)
Fresh or Dried Parsley to taste
Bring the Broth to a Boil

Carefully pour the Vegetables and Broth into a Large Baking dish.
Top with the Chicken: nestle it into the broth.

Cover the pan with Foil
Bake 350* - 20 Minutes
Uncover the pan and bake until done. Depending on what size your chicken is will determine how long it will take to cook.  I used large Chicken Breast. After I uncovered the Chicken it took an additional 45 minutes to be done. I use a digital thermometer. When it reaches and internal temperature of 165* your Chicken is done. Check the vegetables with a sharp knife to make sure they are also done.

I serve the Chicken and Vegetables in a bowl.
First I take the chicken out of the pan and place in the bowl and remove the meat from the bones.
I then top the Chicken with the Vegetables and Broth.

Optional:
I like to sprinkle on some Fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano and Pecorino Romano Cheese.


Link to:
Gluten Free Red Lobster Cheesy Biscuit Bread:
http://youtu.be/Xh6hNm7GiiY


ENJOY!!


Gluten Free Rice Flour:
http://www.bobsredmill.com/

Acu Rite Digital Thermometer
I used a digital thermometer to check the Chicken for when its done. Bake until the internal temperature reached 165*.

Camera:
Canon PowerShot SX230 HS

Editor:
Corel ~ Videostudio ProX4 Professional Video Editing Software
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment