Saturday, December 6, 2014

Gluten Free Honey Oat Beer Bread


A soft, moist and slightly sweet Quick Bread. This bread is great for breakfast with softened butter or Toasted with butter.


Gluten Free Honey Oat Beer Bread:


For more recipes and tidbits please join me on my
Facebook Gluten Free Page:
https://www.facebook.com/SharingGlutenFreeRecipes


In a Large bowl, whisk together:
2 Cups Gluten Free Flour (***See FOOTNOTE***)
1-1/4 Cups Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Quick Cooking Oats
1 tsp. Xanthan Gum
1 Tbl. Baking Powder
1 tsp. Salt

In a Medium Bowl, Whisk together:
1 Bottle Gluten Free Bard's Beer
3 Tbl. Honey
1 Egg

Add the Liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients using a Wooden Spoon. Mix until combined.

Pour the Batter into a Sprayed 9X5 Loaf Pan, spread out evenly with a Rubber Spatula.

Drizzle the Batter with:
¼ Cup melted Butter

Bake in a preheated 375* oven for 35-45 Minutes or until a digital thermometer inserted into the center reaches 205*.

Let the Bread cool in the Pan for 5 minutes, remove and cool on a wire rack.

I like my bread with a little bit on softened butter. My Husband likes his toasted  then spreads on some butter.

ENJOY!!


(***FOOTNOTE***)

You can use the recipe below for Homemade Gluten Free flour mix
or buy a Pre-made Gluten Free Flour Mix
If your using a Pre-made Gluten Free Flour Mix check to see if it has Xanthan Gum,
if it does then you do not need to add Xanathan Gum to the Recipe.


Gluten Free Homemade Flour Mix for:
cookies, muffins, bars, brownies cakes, quick & yeast breads, rolls, buns and biscuits
I got this recipe at the Gluten Free Expo.


2 1/4 Cups Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Brown Rice Flour
1/4 Cup Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Potato Starch
2/3 Cup Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Tapioca Starch
3/4 Cup Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Sweet Rice Flour
1/3 Cup Cornstarch

Measure all the ingredients into a container. I used a spoon to lightly mix it together then put the cover on and shake well.
(Making sure its a tight fitting cover)

The original recipe called to add 2 tsp. Xanthan Gum
I did not do that, I like to add mine to each recipe individually.

I've checked the internet and I have seen that many people use this mix so I don't know who was the original person who made the recipe.



Recipe from:
http://www.delightglutenfree.com/

Print Friendly and PDF

2 comments:

  1. I am having a problem with baking. everything looks good until I put the bread in the oven. It falls in the middle of the loaf. Any idea what I am doing wrong?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Harold,The only explanation I can think of... was your oven preheated? Do you have an oven thermometer? I find it so helpful. Also did you use the right size pan?? Brenda

      Delete