Tuesday, September 22, 2015

How to Spiralize Carrots ~ I used Orange, Yellow and Purple Carrots


I was so excited to find large Carrots in 3 colors at the Farm stand. You need to use large Carrots with the Spiralizer.


Facebook Gluten Free Page:
https://www.facebook.com/SharingGlutenFreeRecipes


How to Spiralize Carrots:

Follow the directions of your Spiralizer on how to set up the machine.
Wash and Peel your Carrots.
I was so happy when I found large Orange, Yellow and Purple Carrots at the Farm stand. Cut the Carrots in half.
I used the Angel Hair Blade to spiralize the carrots. You need to use a little forward pressure to help get the Carrots through.

You can eat them raw, adding to salads and use in a coleslaw. Or
Oven Roast, Steam or Boil them.

I sauteed mine in a large skillet with just a little water. I tossed them around until they were done. They took about 6 minutes. You may have to add just a little bit more water if they start to stick. If you used the larger blade you may have to cover the pan for a minute or so to help soften them. You do not want them mushy.
When the carrots were done I added some butter and salt.

I served my Carrots with a Roasted Pork Loin and Cauliflower Fried Rice.

ENJOY!!!



Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment