Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Sunflower Seed ~ Cheddar Cheese Crackers ~ Gluten Free and Low Carb



Looking for a quick and easy Gluten Free and Low Carb Cracker Recipe? Check out this simple and super tasty Cracker recipe

Sunflower Seed ~ Cheddar Cheese Crackers ~ Gluten Free and Low Carb

In a Food Processor with the blade add:
340 grams Raw, Shelled Sunflower Seed
Turn on the food processor for 30 second at a time checking until the seeds turn into a fine meal.
It took about 3 minutes with my food processor.

Add:
180 grams Finely grated Orange Sharp Cheddar Cheese (or regular cheddar cheese)
½ tsp. Salt
Pulse for 6-8 times or until blended.

Add through the shoot:
¼ cup of Water
Pulse until the dough forms a ball.

I lined my cookie sheet with a Silpat liner then a piece of Parchment paper.
(My Oven runs hot I use the silpat liner so they don't burn)

Turn the dough out onto the parchment paper, flatten out slightly then cover with another piece of parchment paper. Using your hands or a small silicon roller spread out the dough evenly and as thin as you can get it. This dough is very forgiving, if it starts to crack just press it back together. Peel off the top layer of parchment paper and sprinkle on some salt to taste.

Score the crackers into desired size pieces. I used a small pizza cutter being careful not to cut into the silpat liner. My edges were not even, you can always cut with a butter knife to make even edges.

Bake in a preheated 325* oven
For 30 minutes or until golden brown
I rotated my pans half way through for even browning.

The crackers peel easily off the parchment paper. Cool for a few minutes. Break the crackers along the scored lines and cool on a wire rack. Be careful as they are very hot. The crackers do harden up when cooling.

The middle couple of rows of my crackers were not done at 30 minutes. I placed them back in the oven for an addition 5 minutes or until done.

Completely cool the crackers on the wire rack before storing in a air tight container.

ENJOY!!




Facebook Gluten Free Page:
https://www.facebook.com/SharingGlutenFreeRecipes
Print Friendly and PDF

2 comments:

  1. I just made these with the Daiya brand shredded vegan cheese and YUM! Thank you so much for sharing it. :)

    ReplyDelete