Friday, January 12, 2018

Steel Cut Oats with Chia and Flax Seeds ~ Gluten Free




Steel Cut Oats with Chia and Flax Seeds

In a medium sauce pan:
Boil 4 Cups Water
Add:
½ tsp. Salt
1-2 tsp Cinnamon or Pumpkin Pie Spice
1 Cup Steel Cut Oats
Stir using a wooden spoon and reduce heat to Medium Low uncovered
Simmer 20 minutes 
stirring every 5 Minutes or until the water is absorbed

Add:
¼ Cup Chia Seeds
¼ Cup Ground Flax Seed Meal
using a Wire Whisk mix together to incooperate it so it doesn't lump up and simmer another 3-5 minutes

Remove from heat and let sit 5 minutes.

I use an ice cream scoop to help measure into mason jars.
In the Video I used 4 Jars but have now changed it to 5 jars as it was very filling for me.

Top each jar with Frozen or fresh fruit of your choice

Cover and place in the refrigerator.

When ready to serve pull out a jar, remove the cover.

Microwave until warm. Each microwave is different. It takes about 1-1/4 minutes to heat in mine.

Give it a stir.

I add a little Unsweetened Almond milk
Sprinkle on any toppings of your choice:
Mixed Nuts
Coconut
Hemp Seeds
Cacao Nips
I do not add any honey or Maple Syrup as the Fruit makes it sweet enough for me but you can add that if you like it sweeter.


I used all Bobs Red Mill Gluten Free Products 
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment