Thursday, May 23, 2013

Vanilla Cupcakes ~ Gluten Free


For more recipes and tidbits please join me on my
Facebook Gluten Free Page:
https://www.facebook.com/SharingGlutenFreeRecipes



I went to a Gluten Free Expo and Convention and got a bunch of free samples.


Vanilla Cupcakes ~ Gluten Free
Today I am trying:
Authentic Foods GF Classic Blend All Purpose Gluten-Free Flour Blend

(***See Foot Notes ***)
Recipe on the back of the Bag
Ingredients:
1 ¼ Cups Authentic Foods GF Classic Blend All Purpose Gluten-Free Flour Blend
1 Cup Granulated Sugar
 ¼ tsp. Salt
 1 ½ tsp. Baking Powder
½ tsp. Xanthan Gum
¼ tsp.. Authentic Foods Vanilla Powder
2 Large Eggs
½ Cup Canola Oil
½ Cup Milk

1) Preheat oven to 350*. Position rack in center of the oven. Place cupcake liners in a 12-cupcake baking pan.
2) Beat Sugar and Eggs in a large bowl of an electric mixer at medium speed for 1 minute. Add Flour, Salt, Baking Powder, Xanthan Gum, Oil, Milk and Vanilla; beat at medium speed for 1 minute. Scrape Bowl.
3) Pour batter into prepared pan (using an ice cream scoop). Place in center of oven and bake for 20 minutes or until center springs back when touched and cupcakes are very lightly browned. I used a digital thermometer when it reached an internal temperature of 205* the Cupcakes were done.
4) Cool the pan on a rack for 5 minutes. Remove cupcakes from the pan and cool completely on a wire rack before icing.
5) Top with your favorite frosting.
Makes 10-12 Cupcakes

(***Foot Notes***)
I doubled the recipe in the video but I did not double the sugar, I used only 1 ½ Cups Sugar.
I did not have Vanilla Powder. I used 2 tsp. Vanilla Extract.

Recipe on the back of the Bag, which is from the book. Gluten-Free Baking Classics by: Annalise Roberts.
http://www.amazon.com/Gluten-Free-Baking-Classics-Annalise-Roberts/dp/1572840994


They tasted great. Next time I'm going to try this recipe using my Gluten Free Flour Mix. After I try it I will let you know how it came out.

ENJOY!!

Authentic Foods:
www.authenticfoods.com


Betty Crocker Gluten Free Frosting:
http://www.bettycrocker.com/products/frosting


Kitchenaid Mixer:
http://www.kitchenaid.com/flash.cmd?/#/product/K45SSWH/


Taylor Pro Kitchen Waterproof Digital Thermometer:
www.taylorusa.com
I used a digital thermometer to check the bread for when its done. Bake until 205*-210* in the center of the bread.
Its also great to check the temperature of the milk and water before adding the yeast. Its a helpful gadget.


Camera:
Canon PowerShot SX230 HS

Editor:
Corel ~ Videostudio ProX4 Professional Video Editing Software


Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment