Friday, February 1, 2013

Making Gluten Free Pasta in a Food Processor and a Pasta Roller Machine



For more recipes and tidbits please join me on my
Facebook Gluten Free Page:
https://www.facebook.com/SharingGlutenFreeRecipes


Making Gluten Free Pasta in a Food Processor and a Pasta Roller Machine:

In a ood Processor with the blade add and pulse until combined:
½ Cup Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Brown Rice Flour
½ Cup Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free White Rice Flour
1/3 Cup Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Millet Flour (Or Gluten Free Sorghum Flour)
2/3 Cup Bob's Red Mill Tapioca Flour
¼ Cup Bob's Red Mill Potato Starch
1 TBL. Xanthan Gum
1 tsp. Salt

In a Glass Measuring cup whisk with a fork:
3 Large Eggs
2 TBL. Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Slowly pour the Egg and Oil mixture thru the chute

After that has been mixed,  add 2-4 TBL. Water
Adding only 1 Tbl. At a time. (I only used 2 TBL of the water)
If you add to much water and the dough is very sticky add a little bit more flour.
Also if the dough is to dry add a little bit more water.
The Dough should have the consistency of Play Dough.

Mix in the Food Processor for about 1-2 Minutes until the Dough is Pliable and does not stick to your hands.

Place the dough on the counter (You do not need to add any flour to the counter)
Knead for about a minute.
Divide the dough into 4-6 Balls
Place on a Kitchen Cloth that has been moistened with Water. Cover the Dough Balls so they won't dry out and let rest 20-30 minutes.

The Pasta Maker I have we purchased at Bed Bath and Beyond
It is call "My Perfect Kitchen Pasta Machine" Model # 01-0201-B By Weston Products

You can use any Pasta Maker/Roller for this recipe or even roll it out by hand. If you roll by hand place the dough between 2 pieces of Plastic wrap and roll to desired thickness and cut with a pastry wheel.

Follow the instruction for your Pasta Maker.

I sprinkle my dough with some Rice Flour before I roll it in the machine. Don't be afraid of adding to much flour. Flour helps the dough to move through with out sticking. Each time I changed the setting on the Pasta Machine to make it thinner I would coat the dough with more flour.

I used the Fettuccine Cutter. After I cut the Fettuccine, I placed it on a Cookie Sheet that I lined with a Kitchen Towel and sprinkled with some Rice Flour.

After I made my Pasta I watched a Video by: giulianohazancooks He had a great helpful Tidbit,,, when the Pasta comes out of the Maker,,, catch it with one hand then give it a twirl.. (It will look like a little birds nest) Then I placed it on a floured Cookie Sheet. This saved me so much time. Thank you  to: http://www.youtube.com/user/giulianohazancooks



Bring a large Pot of water to a Boil and Salt.

Add the Pasta and stir; Cook for approximately 2-3 minutes or until done.. Do not over cook the pasta otherwise it will be gummy and stick together. Drain the Pasta and drizzle with some Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
Serve with Spaghetti Sauce or any sauce of your choice.
I made a quick Fettuccine Alfredo Sauce.
I do not measure out my ingredients for the Alfredo Sauce.
I melt some Butter,, Saute in some Fresh Garlic. Add some Black Pepper and Parsley.
I used Lactose Free Milk or you can use any milk or cream of your choice whisking it in with lots of Fresh Parmesan Cheese... the sauce will thicken up,, Gently toss in the Pasta and Serve.

Print Friendly and PDF

3 comments:

  1. Found your YouTube page, which took me to your Facebook page, which brought me here.

    This is awesome! Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I'm glad you found my page! I hope you enjoy the recipes!! Thanks, Brenda

      Delete
  2. One important tip: As you noted in video, be sure to cover the dough with a slightly damp towel. I didn't at first. My first portion of dough kept breaking up as it came out. I kept putting it back in, adding more flour and wondering 'how many times will I have to do this?' I looked over the recipe again and decided to cover the dough with a damp cloth. But I still kept 'trying the too dry ' dough. Funny now! I finally decided to try another piece of dough and things worked beautifully! This is my first time ever making pasta. Great video. Thank You!

    ReplyDelete