Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Pumpernickel Bread - Gluten Free


For more recipes and tidbits please join me on my
Facebook Gluten Free Page:
https://www.facebook.com/SharingGlutenFreeRecipes



 
Gluten Free Pumpernickel Bread:

In a large bowl combine with a wire whisk:
1 Cup Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Brown Rice Flour
½ Cup Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Teff Flour
½ Cup Arrowhead Mills Gluten Free Buck Wheat Flour
½ Cup Potato Starch
½ Cup. Tapioca Starch
1 TBL. Xanthan Gum
1 tsp. Salt
1 TBL. Caraway Seeds
1 TBL. Cocoa Powder
3 TBL. Sugar
3 tsp. Active Dry Yeast


In a Kitchenaid bowl add:
1 ½ Cups Milk warmed to 110*
3 Eggs:  (Beaten with a fork)  Room temperature
3 TBL. Molasses
3 TBL. Vegetable Oil
1 tsp. Apple Cider Vinegar
1 tsp. Finely Grated Orange Peel (Optional)
Mix on low speed to combine

With the Mixer on low speed slowly add the Flour Mixture. Use a Rubber Spatula to scrap the bowl.
After all the flour has been mixed in turn the Mixer to Medium High and Beat for 5-10 Minutes.

Spray a round 8-9"  Ceramic Baking Dish with Cooking Spray or a 9X5 Loaf Pan

Use a Rubber Spatula dipped in warm water to help evenly spread out the dough.

Cover the dough with Plastic wrap that has been sprayed with Cooking Spray.

Rise in a warm place for 30-40 Minutes or until risen

Bake in a Preheated 375* Oven for 45 Minutes or until done.

I use a Digital Thermometer, Inserted into the middle of the bread, when it reaches an internal temperature of 205* the Bread is done.

Cool in the Pan for 5 Minutes.
Remove from the Pan and cool on a wire rack.

This bread freezes wonderfully in a Ziplock Bag.

ENJOY!




Bob's Red Mill Flours: http://www.bobsredmill.com/

Arrowhead Mills:  http://www.arrowheadmills.com/

Kitchenaid Mixer:
http://www.kitchenaid.com/flash.cmd?/#/product/K45SSWH/


I like to use my Bosch Meat Slicer to get even slices of Bread.


Taylor Pro Kitchen Waterproof Digital Thermometer:
www.taylorusa.com
I used a digital thermometer to check the bread for when its done. Bake until 205*-210* in the center of the bread.
Its also great to check the temperature of the milk and water before adding the yeast. Its a helpful gadget.


Camera:
Canon PowerShot SX230 HS

Editor:
Corel ~ Videostudio ProX4 Professional Video Editing Software
Print Friendly and PDF

2 comments:

  1. Looks so good. I can't wait to try it. For some reason I've never tried buckwheat. I haven't liked anything I've used Teff in. So, here's hoping....we like this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for watching and commenting. This was a 1st for me using both the Teff or Buckwheat. There are many flavors happening in this bread between the Cocoa, Molasses and Caraway seeds that I honestly wouldn't know how either of those flours would taste in another recipe. I have been searching around and have some thoughts about what else I may try with them. I hope you like it.

      Delete