Saturday, January 26, 2013

Flaxseed Meal Herbed Crackers with Parmesan Cheese ~ Gluten Free



For more recipes and tidbits please join me on my
Facebook Gluten Free Page:
https://www.facebook.com/SharingGlutenFreeRecipes


Flaxseed Meal Herbed Crackers with Parmesan Cheese ~ Gluten Free
Pre-heat oven 375* (See Footnote at the end)

In a bowl add and mix:
2 Cups of Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Whole Ground Flaxseed Meal
2/3 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese (If you don't eat Dairy you can skip the cheese)
½ tsp. Salt
Add spices to your taste, I used:
½ tsp. Onion Powder
½ tsp. Garlic Powder

Use approximately 3/4-1 Cup of water to form a  soft dough.
Always best to put less water and add more if you need to.

I use a Silpat Baking Mat on my cookie sheet or you can use parchment paper.

Place the dough onto the Silpat Baking mat. Flatten out. Place second Silpat Mat on top and use a rolling pin to roll out to an even thickness.

Don't bring it right to the edge because it could burn.

A few times I would remove the Silpat Mat to help make a straight edge with my Hands.

Take one Egg white and whisk with a little bit of water with a fork.
Brush the egg wash over the Cracker Dough
Sprinkle with Herbs, Spices and Seeds of your Choice.
I used:
Sea Salt,, go lightly as it can make your crackers very salty
Crush/Grind Fresh Black Pepper
Tuscan Spicy Garlic
Minced Dried Onions
Sesame Seeds
Poppy Seeds
Caraway Seeds

After I sprinkle on 2 Seasoning/Seeds I press them into the dough and continue until all the Seasonings/seeds have been used. Make sure you bring all the Seasonings/Seed to the edge of the Cracker dough.

Use a Butter knife to score the crackers to the size of your choice.
Make sure not to cut the Silpat baking mat. Scoring the crackers makes it easy to remove them when they are finished baking.

Bake for approximately 35-50 minutes.
Checking at 30 minutes to see how they are doing. I rotate pan for even baking
Bake until crisp but not burnt.

I removed my crackers and cooled them on a wire wrack


*** FOOTNOTE Baking Crackers at 375* Rather than 400* ***

My Original recipe for Plain Flaxseed Crackers I baked at 400*.  My oven tends to get hot so I lower the temperature to 375*. They cooked evenly and the edges did not burn. After 35-40 I removed the edge Crackers and separated the other crackers so that they all cooked evenly. And pulled them out as they got done. I found this method worked great for my oven. Go by how your oven bakes!

After they have cooled off store in a container.




Silpat Baking Mat: Silpat: The Original Non-Stick Mat http://silpat.com/



Bob's Red Mill Flours: http://www.bobsredmill.com/


Camera:
Canon PowerShot SX230 HS

Editor:
Corel ~ Videostudio ProX4 Professional Video Editing Software


Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment