Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Crispy Funyuns Boneless Chicken Breast - Gluten Free


For more recipes and tidbits please join me on my
Facebook Gluten Free Page:
https://www.facebook.com/SharingGlutenFreeRecipes



Gluten Free ~ Crispy Funyuns Boneless Chicken Breast

I have been trying find a Gluten Free substitute for one of my favorite coatings for Chicken Breast ~ "French's French Fried Onions". I found a bunch of recipes online using "Funyuns Fried Onion Rings".  This is my version of Crispy Funyuns Boneless Chicken Breast Gluten Free.
It taste very good but doesn't have the strong flavor like Frenchs. I did see a few recipes where they added Pringle Onion and Sour Cream Potato Chips. I don't care for those chips, if you would like add a few of the chips along with the Funyuns and crush.
I don't know who came up with the original recipe,,so I don't know who to give credit for the idea.

Crispy Funyuns Boneless Chicken Breast ~ Gluten Free

Heat oven to 400*

4 Boneless skinless Chicken Breast or whatever amount you need

**Check Footnotes**

In a large ziplock bag combine
½ package of Funyuns Onion Flavored Rings (Package size 6 ½ oz) or more depending how much Chicken you are using
2 TBLS any Gluten Free Flour..I used Garbanzo and Fava  Bean Flour by Bob's Red Mill (Use any Gluten Free Flour)
Seasonings to taste
Garlic Powder
Onion Power
Parsley
Salt and Pepper
Use a meat Mallet or a rolling pin to crush the Funyuns.

1-2 eggs in a bowl,, lightly beaten

Melt ¾ stick of butter. Using a pastry brush spread some of the butter onto a cookie sheet.

Dip the Chicken into the Egg
Then press the chicken into the Funyuns mixture in the bag coating both sides of the chicken.
Place onto the cookie sheet
Cover any bare spots
Lightly Drizzle some melted butter over the Chicken.

Bake 20-30 minutes (or until done) depending on the size of your Chicken.
I placed mine under the broil for 1 minute at the end to get it extra crispy.

We enjoyed the taste of this chicken.

*****FOOTNOTE*****  I used more Garlic and Onion powder and added lots of Parmesan Cheese the next time I made this and it tasted even better...adding the cheese in the Ziplock bag******


You could also fry the breast in a frying pan in oil of your choice. I prefer it oven fried.

ENJOY!

http://www.fritolay.com/our-snacks/funyuns-onion.html


For more Recipes, Helpful tidbits and Product reviews:
Please join me at:
https://www.facebook.com/SharingGlutenFreeRecipes





Camera:
Canon PowerShot SX230 HS

Editor:
Corel ~ Videostudio ProX4 Professional Video Editing Software
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment