Thursday, January 24, 2013

Gluten Free ~ South of the Border Pizza (Mexican Style Pizza)


For more recipes and tidbits please join me on my
Facebook Gluten Free Page:
https://www.facebook.com/SharingGlutenFreeRecipes



I have been missing this recipe since going Gluten Free 9 weeks ago.
I was experimenting with Gluten Free Flours and came up with this crust.
I'm happy to say that the crust came out really good.
My Husband liked this better than my original recipe.



Gluten Free ~ South of the Border Pizza (Mexican Style Pizza)

1-1 ½ pounds of Ground Beef: Brown in a frying pan and drain off fat

Add: 1- 1 ½ cups Salsa...heat  (Use just enough Salsa to coat the beef)

While your browning the beef make the dough:

Use a whisk to combine all the dry ingredients
In a bowl combine:
2/3 cup Gluten Free Bisquick baking mix
½ cup Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Yellow Cornmeal
3 TBL Sugar
1 tsp. Xanthan Gum
1 cup Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Corn Flour
½ cup Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free All Purpose Flour

Add to the dry ingredients: I use a fork to combine:
2/3 cups Milk Plus an additional 2-3 Tbl Milk (Use just enough to form a dough)
1 Egg

I then use my hands to make sure all the dry ingredients have been combined

It makes a very stiff Batter/Dough. Grease a Pizza Pan.
Using greased hands and warm water..press the dough onto the pizza pan.
At first it may seem like it won't stretch across the pizza pan but it will.

Top with the meat mixture.

Bake 400* 12-15 minutes  (Don't over cook the crust otherwise it will be dry) It will not be fully cooked at this point.

Sprinkle with 1 ½ cups Shredded Mexican cheese blend.
Bake 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
I put my pizza under the broiler for a few moments to make the cheese golden/brown.

Serve with:
Avocado wedges
Tomato slices
Sour Cream
Salsa
and South Western Corn.. The recipe calls for the corn to be put on top
of the meat mixture. I served the corn on the side.
ENJOY!



Camera:
Canon PowerShot SX230 HS

Editor:
Corel ~ Videostudio ProX4 Professional Video Editing Software



http://www.bobsredmill.com/

http://www.bettycrocker.com/products/bisquick/glutenfree
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment