Thursday, January 24, 2013

Sausages & Spaghetti Sauce - Gluten Free


For more recipes and tidbits please join me on my
Facebook Gluten Free Page:
https://www.facebook.com/SharingGlutenFreeRecipes



Sausages and Spaghetti Sauce:

1 package of Gluten Free Sweet Sausages
(Use as many Sausages as needed for a serving ~ You can use Hot Sausages as well)

Cut the Sausages in half or thirds.
Place in a 9X13 pan, that was sprayed with cooking spray.

Bake at 375* for a half an hour

In a large Dutch oven pan.
Pour in some Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Brown up the Vegetables
Dice up and add to your taste:
Red and Green Pepper
Onions
Mushrooms

When vegetables are almost done add Garlic to taste. Cook the garlic for about a minute.

Add one small can of Tomato Paste.. combine with the vegetables. Cook for 1 minute

Add about 1 c. Red Wine (Optional)
Cook off the wine

Add 1 can. Crushed Tomato's (28 0z)  Sometimes I will add a small can of Diced Tomatos

Add spices to taste:
Salt and Pepper
Italian Seasoning
Parsley
Oregano
Basil
Mix in all the spices,, add some water to thin out the Sauce.

Add the Sausages to the Sauce. (They are not fully cooked at this point)

I simmer (on low and covered) my Sauce all afternoon. 3-4 Hours
This helps the Sausages to be nice and tender.

Adjust the Seasonings as needed.
If the Sauce is to thick add more water.

I found a wonderful Gluten Free Pasta
SamMills
Corn Pasta,, I used Penne shape

http://www.sammills.eu/sammillsusa-en.html

(If your not Gluten Free, use any pasta of your choice)
I served my Sausages and Sauce over the Corn Pasta
Sprinkled on some Parmesan and Pecorino Romano Cheese.

Link to my Cheesy Flatbread ~ Gluten Free:
http://youtu.be/5wPRI4wapY0



ENJOY


Camera:
Canon PowerShot SX230 HS

Editor:
Corel ~ Videostudio ProX4 Professional Video Editing Software
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment