Saturday, January 26, 2013

Pan Fried Gluten Free Croutons


For more recipes and tidbits please join me on my
Facebook Gluten Free Page:
https://www.facebook.com/SharingGlutenFreeRecipes



I have been missing have Croutons on my Chicken Caesars Salad since going Gluten Free.
I decided to make my own. They are very easy to make and taste delicious.


Pan Fried Gluten Free Croutons ~ Homemade

6 Slices of any Gluten Free Bread of your choice ~
I used Udi's Omega Flax & Fiber Ancient Grain Bread
(Use more bread if you need more Croutons)

I place the bread on a wire rack all day so it would dry out.

I cubed the bread into bit size pieces.

In a non stick skillet I melted 2 TBL Butter
and add 2 TBL Extra Virgin Olive Oil
(If your using more bread add more oil/butter)
I peeled and smashed two Garlic cloves
Cooked the Garlic in the oil for a couple of minutes to infuse the oil with the garlic flavor.

I  then removed the Garlic..because it could burn and would get bitter.

Add the Bread Cubes
Season to tastes with
Salt and Pepper
Garlic Powder
Parsley

Or use any other seasoning of your choice to go along with your meal

Keep tossing the bread cubes to evenly brown them on all sides.
If the pan seems to dry add just a little bit of oil. You don't want to soak the Croutons in the oil. Check your seasoning and adjust if need be.

Shred 3 TBL of  fresh Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese

Sprinkle the Cheese over the Croutons and keep tossing until the cheese melts. Toss continuously so the cheese does no burn to the pan.

I served my Croutons over a Chicken Caesar Salad.

They tasted great and were very easy to make!

I found a delicious Gluten Free Salad Dressing by Kens:
It is called Ken's Light Options Dressing CAESAR. The Gluten Free label in on the back of the bottle.
http://www.glutenfree-lifestyle.com/kensfoods.html

I was going to freeze the left over but my Son loved them for a snack so he happily finished of the remaining Croutons! :)

Thanks for watching!

ENJOY!!




www.udidglutenfree.com


Camera:
Canon PowerShot SX230 HS

Editor:
Corel ~ Videostudio ProX4 Professional Video Editing Software
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment