Thursday, January 31, 2013

Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookies - Gluten Free


For more recipes and tidbits please join me on my
Facebook Gluten Free Page:
https://www.facebook.com/SharingGlutenFreeRecipes


Gluten Free Toll House Cookies ~ Chocolate Chip Cookies

While I know everyone knows how to make Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookies. I decided to try making them Gluten Free. Honestly you can not tell the difference between the Gluten Free or Wheat Based Toll House Cookies. I tend to send a lot of my baked goods off with my Son to his Buddies. If 20-25 year old Young Men who are not on a Gluten Free Diet like them,, then I'm happy!


Gluten Free Toll House Cookies:
In a Kitchenaid Mixer with the paddle Cream:
2 Sticks of Butter
¾ Cup Sugar
¾ Cup Brown Sugar

Add:
2 Eggs
1 Tsp Vanilla
Mix well

Add:
2 ¼ Cups King Arthur's Gluten Free Flour (***SEE FOOT NOTE***)
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Xanthan Gum
Mix well

Add:
1- 12 oz package of Semisweet Chocolate Chips Or any other Chips of your choice
Optional:
Add Walnuts to your taste

I used the Pampered Chef Cookie Scoop to get even cookies

Bake on an Un-greased cookie sheet
or cookie sheet lined with a Silpat Baking Mat

Bake in a Pre-Heated oven: 375*
8-11 Minutes or until done

Cool on a wire wrack

These cookies freeze well in a Zip-lock bag/container


ENJOY!!



(***FOOT NOTE***)


You can use the recipe below for home made Gluten Free flour mix
or buy a pre-made Gluten Free Flour Mix


Gluten Free Home Made Flour Mix for:
cookies, muffins, cakes, quick breads and biscuits
I got this recipe at the Gluten Free Expo


2 1/4 Cups Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Brown Rice Flour
1/4 Cup Bob's Red Mill Potato Starch
2/3 Cup Bob's Red Mill Tapioca Starch
3/4 Cup Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Sweet Rice Flour
1/3 Cup Cornstarch

Measure all the ingredients into a container. I used a spoon to lightly mix it together then put the cover on and shake well.
(Making sure its a tight fitting cover)

The original recipe called to add 2 tsp. Xanthan Gum
I did not do that, I like to add mine to each recipe individually.











http://www.kingarthurflour.com/glutenfree/

Kitchenaid Mixer:
http://www.kitchenaid.com/flash.cmd?/#/product/K45SSWH/


Pampered Chef Cookie Scoop:
http://www.pamperedchef.com/our_products/catalog/product.jsp?productId=238&categoryCode=KW


Silpat Baking Mat: Silpat: The Original Non-Stick Mat http://silpat.com/

Camera:
Canon PowerShot SX230 HS

Editor:
Corel ~ Videostudio ProX4 Professional Video Editing Software
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment