Monday, January 28, 2013

Gluten Free Almond Herbed Seed Crackers



For more recipes and tidbits please join me on my
Facebook Gluten Free Page:
https://www.facebook.com/SharingGlutenFreeRecipes


Link to my video on how to make:
Gluten Free Flaxseed Crackers ~ Two Variations ~ Baked in the Oven ~ Easy Recipe
http://youtu.be/3uio98CasaE

Gluten Free Almond Herbed Seed Crackers
In a large bowl mix thoroughly by hand with a fork:

2 ½ Cups Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Almond Meal Flour
¼ Cup Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Coconut Flour
½ tsp. Baking Soda
1 tsp. Xanthan Gum
Heaping ¼ tsp. Garlic Powder
Heaping ¼ tsp. Onion Powder
1 tsp. Parsley Flakes

Add:
1 whole egg
plus 1 Egg Yolk (Save the Egg white for another step)
¼ Cup Coconut Oil

Use a Fork to mix.

***One very dry days I have had to add 1-2 TBLS water...only add the water if the dough seems very dry and is not holding together***

Use your Hands to Form the dough into a ball and place on a Silpat Baking Mat. If you don't have the Silpat Mat use Parchment Paper.

Place a second Silpat Baking Mat on top of the Dough ..flatten out and use a rolling pin to roll out the dough.
A few times I would have to re-shape the dough with the edge of my hand, then I would re-roll it.
Try to get it to an even thickness.

Brush the dough with the left over Egg white that you added a little bit of water and whisked

Add any type of seeds and spices of your choice  to your taste

I used:
Sea Salt,, go lightly if you don't want very salty crackers
Fresh Grind Black Pepper
Tuscan Spicy Garlic
Minced Dried Onions
Caraway Seeds
Sesame Seeds
Poppy Seeds

Making sure you coat the entire cracker right to the edge with the Seeds and Spices

After I sprinkled on 2 spices I would press them into the dough and continued until all the spices/seeds were used.

Score the Crackers with a butter knife making sure not to cut into the Silpat Baking Mat.

Place the Silpat liner on a cookie sheet

Make the crackers any size of your choice

Bake in a 350* pre-heated oven 20-30 minutes!

I turned my Pan half way thru for even baking!

Mine took the full 30 minutes to bake.

Cool them for a few minutes on the Silpat baking mat

The crackers easily crack apart because of the scoring.

Cool completely on a Wire Wrack.

Once they are cool then place them in a plastic Container.

I really enjoy these Crackers. I have made them a few times.
They are great alone, with whipped butter, Humus or a slice of cheese!

ENJOY!


Silpat Baking Mat: Silpat: The Original Non-Stick Mat http://silpat.com/

Bob's Red Mill Flours: http://www.bobsredmill.com/



Camera:
Canon PowerShot SX230 HS

Editor:
Corel ~ Videostudio ProX4 Professional Video Editing Software
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment